Monday 10 August 2009

Little Saint Dominic

Afternoon Honey

I am staying indoors today because the whole of Managua is walking past my house. Ten days ago they took Minguito, a small polychrome/wood saint who could well be in the region of 400 years old, from his eponymous church up behind my house down to the main cathedral in Managua, and now he is being taken home again, accompanied by pilgrims, the faithful, the curious and the weavingly drunk.

You can read all about it here. All I know is the firecrackers sound like there is a revolution happening out there.

The cats said they'd prefer to stay in and do a little light reading instead, while I debarnacle for Peter's arrival tonight.



Love you
Marianne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Aunty M,

So good to see you are alive and well.

O Gosling